Benefits of Noni Juice
Noni juice is a dietary supplement extracted from the exotic fruit noni, and is commonly marketed as a general health tonic. Health benefits of noni juice include prevention of cancer, protection and healthy functioning of liver maintenance of cardiovascular health, relaxed muscles, relief from memory problems and conditions like gout and diabetes. The immense antioxidant potential of noni juice exerts antipsychotic, antifungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects which are valuable in treating conditions like arthritis and disorders related to central nervous system.
Since thousands of years, the natural healing power of this juice has been esteemed for its ability to keep the skin healthy, boost energy levels and prevent general body weakness, accelerates wound healing and toughens the immune defence system of the body.
Polynesian healers have used noni fruits for thousands of years to help treat a variety of health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, aches, pains, burns, arthritis, inflammation, tumors, the effects of aging, and parasitic, viral, and bacterial infections. Ancient healing manuscripts cite the fruit as a primary ingredient in natural healing formulations. Today, fruit preparations are sold as juice, in dried “fruit-leather” form, and as a dry extract in capsules.
Noni has traditionally been used for colds, flu, diabetes, anxiety, and high blood pressure, as well as for depression and anxiety. All plant parts are used for a variety of illnesses in Samoan culture, and noni is one of the most frequently used Hawaiian plant medicines. Claims that have not been proven in clinical trials include: the use of bark for the treatment of bacterial infections, cough, diarrhea in infants, and stomach ailments; the flowers for sore or irritated eyes, styes, conjunctivitis, ocular inflammation, and coughs; the fruit for asthma, wounds, broken bones, mouth and throat infections, tuberculosis, worms, diarrhea, fever, vomiting, eye ailments, arthritis, depression, seizures, bacterial and fungal infections, viruses, and as a tonic; the fresh fruit juice for cancer; the dried leaves used externally for infections, burns, children’s chest colds, and inflammation, and internally for boils, pleurisy, inflamed gums, and arthritic pain; the fresh leaves used externally for burns and internally for fevers, haemorrhage, bacterial infections, and inflammation; and the roots for oral ulcerations, fevers, and cancerous swellings.
- Immune booster: Noni is considered one of the most nutritious fruits. Many of its nutrients are known to stimulate the immune system.
- Digestive Stimulant: Noni juice has traditionally been used as a laxative.
- Anti-oxidants: Research has shown that Noni juice exhibits better antioxidant activity than grape seed extract and pycnogenol.
- Analgesic: The Noni tree is also knows as the ‘Painkiller and Headache tree’. Noni has been found to be 75% as effective as morphine sulphate in relieving pain without the toxic side effects.
- Antibacterial, antifungal and antiparasitic: With the presence of active compounds like anthraquinones, scopoletin and terpenes, Noni is effective against bacteria and fungus.
- Anti-tumor/ anti-cancerous: Noni juice contains noni-ppt, which has shown anti-tumor activity.
By now it will become apparent why all the excitement about the benefits of Noni Juice. Such a wide range of symptoms and ailments are easily helped by this remarkable “Gift from God” the Noni juice.